In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take an in-depth look at several aspects when it comes to betting sites in Indian Rupees. This includes the online gambling laws in India and how we choose the betting sites on our list. We will also walk you through the most popular payment methods in India along with valuable betting tips and strategies. We’ll conclude our guide with some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding online betting in India. This should give you everything you need to confidently place a wager at online betting cricket betting sites in Indian Rupees.
There are only a handful of states where gambling is legal with no indication of improvement in the future. This leaves most sports betting enthusiasts out in the cold. The alternative resides in a somewhat grey area. Indian bettors can place bets at offshore betting sites in Indian rupees. Some of these betting sites are legit, while most of them are not. If you are interested in legit sites, you’ll need to learn how to separate the good ones from the bad. Thankfully, there is a simpler approach. You simply need to take advantage of our recommendations as we only feature the best betting sites in Indian rupees.
Online Gambling Laws in India
The online gambling laws in India are unclear and open to various interpretations. You can ask 20 people about the gambling laws in India, and you are bound to receive 20 different answers. In this section of our guide, we’ll provide a concise overview of the legality of betting in India. Gambling is regulated on both a national and state level in India. On the national level, gambling is addressed by the following acts:
- The Public Gambling Act of 1867
- The Prize Competition Act of 1955
- The Information Technology Act of 2000
Online gambling resides in a grey area because it’s never mentioned in any of the above-mentioned acts. Some would argue that the Public Gambling Act could apply to online gambling. This is because it restricts all gambling forms. However, the problem is that gambling is never defined within the Act. You’ll also notice that individual states have the authority to regulate gambling. States like Sikkim and Goa have authorized a handful of land-based casinos. The remaining states have outlawed all forms of gambling, poker, and betting. The online exception is horse racing betting. In 1996, the Supreme Court ruled horse racing as a game of skill.
Although India has banned most forms of gambling, there are no legal means to prosecute players who bet online. Therefore, India has transformed into a fast-growing market when it comes to online gambling. With a population of 1.3 billion and a growing middle class, the country shows incredible potential for sports betting sites. Online sports betting sites like Betway are already catering to Indian bettors. At Betway, you can make online transactions in Indian rupees and bet on a wide variety of sports. Betway resides outside of India which means the gambling laws don’t apply.
How We Choose the Best Betting Sites in Indian Rupees
With an ever-increasing number of betting sites in India, it’s difficult to select one that best suits your needs. No two bettors are the same and expectations will vary wildly in terms of features and services. Fortunately for you, our review experts work hard to only deliver the best betting sites in Indian rupees. While reviewing betting sites in India, we evaluate every aspect to ensure we cover all factors for our loyal readers. Below, you’ll find a list of factors we consider the most important for the best betting experience in India.
Security, Odds, Markets, and Promotions
- Security – To successfully meet our strict standards, all betting sites need to be safe and secure. This means that the betting site needs to be licensed and regulated by a prestigious regulatory body. There also needs to be a host of innovative security measures in place to protect your personal and financial information.
- Odds – The best betting sites in India usually separate themselves by providing more attractive odds when compared to their rivals. The odds and lines determine how much you’ll make when winning your bets. Odds comparison sites showcase bookmakers that provide the most competitive odds. You’ll be pleased to know that all our recommended betting sites for India perform well when it comes to odds.
- Markets – Betting sites in India need to cover a broad range of sports. Cricket, Kabaddi, Horse Racing, and Football are the most popular. However, the best betting sites also need to cover other sports from across the globe. We ensure the biggest sports coverage is available before recommending a site to you.
- Promotions – Promotions and bonuses are the cornerstones of the best betting sites in India. You’ll find no deposit offers and generous welcome packages for newly registered customers. There are also loads of ongoing promotions available to keep you coming back for more. We also evaluate the terms and conditions to ensure they are fair, transparent, and achievable.
Banking, Mobile, Support, and Features
- Banking – Indian rupees are in high demand at an increasing number of sports betting sites in India. It’s for this reason why we ensure that all our recommendations support Indian rupees as a currency. We also make sure that there are a plethora of banking options available for both deposits and withdrawals. This includes debit/credit cards, e-wallet options, cryptocurrencies, and pre-paid cards.
- Mobile – Most of the sports betting action in India takes place on mobile devices these days. Therefore, all our betting sites must offer a mobile version or a mobile app for both Android and iOS devices. The mobile platforms need to provide the same features and services as their desktop counterparts as well.
- Support – There is nothing worse than experiencing a technical issue without the assistance of a professional support team. Therefore, you’ll appreciate the fact that all our Indian sports betting sites offer 24/7 customer support. You’ll usually be able to get in touch with a representative through live chat, email, or telephone. You’ll also have access to a comprehensive FAQ section for added convenience.
- Features – Additional features can further enrich your online betting experience while placing bets on your favorite sports. This includes a Cash Out option, live streaming, and in-play betting. It’s also beneficial when you have access to an online casino or online poker room from a single account. This eliminates the need to jump from one site to the next, saving you loads of time in the process.
Sports Markets for Indian Punters
The primary reason why bettors in India love sports betting sites is due to the number of sports markets embedded within the software. What makes it even more appealing is that sports wagers can be made in Indian rupees. In this section of our guide, we will take a closer look at the most popular sports in India. We will also dive into the most prestigious events in each sport and discuss the betting markets that will be available at the best online betting sites in India.
Cricket is undoubtedly the most popular sport in India. Sports betting enthusiasts are spoilt for choice when it comes to cricket leagues and betting markets. When you register with any of our betting sites from India, you’ll have access to loads of cricket betting action. You can bet on the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the ICC World Cup. You can also bet on the World T20, ICC Champions Trophy, the Ashes Series, Big Bash League, and the Pakistan Super League. There are even betting markets on the Caribbean Premier League, the Bangladesh Premier League, and the Cricket South Africa T20 Challenge.
With so many cricket leagues and tournaments at your fingertips, it’s only natural that you also have access to a plethora of betting markets. Some of the most popular cricket betting markets include match winner and winner of the toss. You can also bet on the best batsman, best player, best individual score, handicap, and total. It’s for this reason why we feature some of the best online cricket betting sites in Indian rupees. Make sure to visit our cricket betting guide to discover some of the best betting sites in the industry:
Kabaddi is just as popular as cricket, and most of the bookmakers we feature here offer kabaddi betting too. It’s essentially a contact sport consisting of two teams with seven players in each team. The primary objective is to tag an opposing player while you avoid getting tackled. Teams can score points for tackling and tagging. The online betting sites in Indian rupees in this guide offer both domestic and international kabaddi.
Some of the most popular kabaddi leagues in the world include the Pro Kabaddi League, the Premier Kabaddi League. You can also place an assortment of bets on the Kabaddi World Cup and Asian Games. Bettors in India will also find loads of betting markets when it comes to Kabaddi betting. This includes home win, away win, match points, top tackler, and top raider. You’ll also find handicaps and ante-post betting at the best kabaddi betting sites in India. Don’t forget that our sites also offer live betting on kabaddi as well as in-play betting for added convenience.
Football betting, usually referred to as soccer betting in India, is also an immensely popular sport to bet on. Most bettors in India enjoy placing wagers on the Champions League, the Premier League, and the Indian Super League. However, you’ll also find coverage of the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, and Serie 1. There’s even additional coverage on lesser-known leagues from around the world, providing endless betting entertainment on desktop and mobile.
Football bettors in India will also find an assortment of betting markets for this popular sport. This includes double chance, draw no bet, the first goalscorer, and over/under goals. You’ll also be able to take advantage of correct score and 1×2. The online sports betting sites in Indian rupees in this guide also provide live streaming capabilities. You’ll even find loads of betting markets in the in-play betting platforms on sites like Betway, 22Bet, and MELbet.
Horse Racing Betting
Horse racing is the only legal sport in India as it’s seen as a game of skill instead of a game of chance. This gives Indian punters loads of betting opportunities on some of the most prestigious horse racing events in the world. Some of the most popular horse racing events include the Cheltenham Festival and the Royal Ascot. You’ll also find loads of betting action in the Grand National and the Derby.
Horse racing is so popular that we even have a dedicated section for horse racing betting. You’ll find the best horse racing betting sites along with horse racing tips to increase your chances of winning. Some of the most popular betting markets when it comes to horse racing include Win and Place. You can also bet a win accumulator, place accumulator, kenchi, and forecast. There are also more advanced betting markets, such as quinella, second horse, and tanala.
Badminton is another popular sport in India with loads of betting action throughout the year. Some of the most popular Badminton tournaments include the Thomas Cup, the Uber Cup, and the Sudirman Cup. You can also wager on the BWF World Championship, Olympic Games, BWF Para-Badminton World Championships, and BWF World Junior Championships. Some of the most popular betting markets in Badminton include player to win, winning margin, and team competition winner.
There are loads of Indian Badminton players in the world rankings that continues to expand the popularity of the sport. In the Men’s Singles ranking, you’ll find players like Kidambi Srikanth and Sai Praneeth B in the top 10. In the Women’s Singles ranking, players like Pusarla V. Sindhu and Saina Nehwal are currently ranked in the top 25. All the best online betting sites in Indian rupees offer betting action on Badminton and it’s easy to see why.
Even though you won’t find an Indian tennis player in the top 100, it remains a popular sport in India. This is primarily due to the excitement and betting action it provides to Indian punters. There are loads of tennis tournaments throughout the year to keep you entertained. Some of the most prestigious tournaments include the four Grand Slams. This includes the U.S Open, Australian Open, French Open, and Wimbledon. You can also bet on the ATP tour at the best betting sites in India with Indian rupees.
Some of the tennis betting markets you’ll come across online include outright betting, match betting, and set betting. There’s also plenty of action with handicap betting, over/under betting, and in-play betting. Most of the sites we feature at BettingPro even offers live streaming where you can watch the action live. Some of the best players to watch include Dominic Thiem, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, and Stefanos Tsitsipas. Don’t forget to claim a bonus on your first deposit to further boost your chances of making a profit.
Field hockey is considered the most successful sport in India. The Indian’s men team have won a total of 8 Olympic gold medals, stretching from 1928 to 1980. The country also has the best overall performance in the history of the Olympics. India has won 77 matches out of 126 played. Therefore, it’s easy to understand why Indian punters love placing bets on hockey. Thankfully, all our betting sites in this guide offer betting opportunities on hockey.
You’ll also have access to tons of popular betting markets. These include game winner, first quarter winner, highest scoring player, and total points. Apart from the Olympics, you can also bet on other hockey tournaments and leagues throughout the year. For instance, you can bet on the Hockey India League, the Premier Hockey League, and the World Series Hockey. There’s also betting action available on the Hockey Pro League, Asia Cup, and AFC Asian Cup.
Popular Payment Methods in India
Most of you are reading this guide to find the best betting sites that accept Indian rupees as a currency. However, have you ever considered that payment methods are just as important? A sports betting site might support Indian rupees, but if you can make a deposit or withdrawal with your preferred payment method, it’s rather pointless. It’s for this very reason why we also feature a section showcasing the best deposit and withdrawal options in India. Below, you’ll find all available payment methods at the best betting sites in Indian rupees. This will make it easier and less time-consuming to find a betting site best suited for your needs.
Indian-Specific Payment Methods
- Debit/Credit Cards – Bank cards, like Visa and Mastercard, remain some of the most popular methods when making online transactions in India. Both card options are safe and secure and instantly reflect your funds when making deposits. However, withdrawals can take between 3 to 5 working days. Some banks also charge additional fees and players complain about high rejection rates with credit/debit cards.
- UPI – The Unified Payments Interface allows you to transfer funds between bank accounts using a single window. You can also use a mobile app for simple, instantaneous, and free of charge transactions. The real-time payment system helps you to process inter-bank transactions and is great for making deposits and withdrawals at the best betting sites in India.
- Paytm – This is the first Indian-owned e-commerce payment system that can be used at online sports betting sites in India. It’s incredibly fast and has no additional fees when making online transactions. You can use it as a UPI or a full e-wallet for added convenience. Registering a new account is straightforward and simplistic. Simply provide the necessary documentation and have your Aadhaar number at hand.
- IMPS – Immediate Payment Service is an extremely popular instant inter-bank electronic bank transfer system available to bettors in India. The inter-bank fund transfer service is specifically designed for mobile devices, making it easy to deposit and withdraw while on the move. There are also other inter-bank transfer systems available, including RTGS and NEFT.
E-Wallets and Cryptocurrencies
- Skrill – This e-wallet option is one of the easiest and fastest digital payment systems for online sports betting in India. It allows users to create accounts in INR while providing hassle-free deposits and withdrawals. There are no hidden fees and opening an account is free and straightforward. The only downside is that some betting sites in India won’t credit promotions and bonuses when using Skrill.
- Neteller – This e-wallet option is growing in popularity across India and is available at some of the best betting sites. You can make deposits and withdrawals in a safe and secure environment. This is achieved with two-factor authentication, making it impossible to hack your account. There is also a perfectly optimized mobile app with a rewarding loyalty program. Some of the benefits include lower fees, a dedicated account manager, and higher transaction limits. However, withdrawals can take a bit longer and there might be additional charges on transactions.
- PayPal – This is the most popular and biggest e-wallet payment method that is recognized across the globe. It’s renowned for providing lightning-fast deposits and withdrawals with no additional fees or charges. There are also no annual fees when using PayPal at the best betting sites in Indian rupees. Even though you need to link your bank account, your financial information won’t be disclosed while making deposits or withdrawals.
- Cryptocurrencies – When the Indian government removed the ban on cryptocurrency trading, it quickly transformed into one of the most popular payment methods at the best betting sites in India. It’s easy to understand why as it provides complete anonymity to online bettors. There are several cryptocurrency options for Indian punters. These include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and Ripple, among others. You’ll also benefit from fast withdrawals with winnings reflecting in hours instead of days.
- Google Pay – This is a free digital payment solution that is perfectly suited for online transactions at the best Indian betting sites. Users can enjoy instant deposits without incurring any additional fees or charges. Security is also a top priority for Google, so you never have to worry about third-party hacking. The only downside is that most betting sites don’t offer withdrawals via Google Pay.
- PhonePe – This is an Indian digital payment system with more than 250 million customers. It’s available in over 10 Indian languages and is UPI-based. It’s free to use and also trustworthy and reliable. Your logins are validated thanks to a One-Time Pin and there are no additional fees on deposits. You can also fund your account via e-wallet options, bank cards, or UPI.
- Paysafecard – This is a widely accepted prepaid card option that allows you to load funds onto a prepaid card at a wide range of outlet stores across India. You’ll receive a 16-digit pin that you can enter at your favorite betting site to make a deposit. Unfortunately, you will not be able to make withdrawals to your Paysafecard. It remains popular, however, as you never have to share your personal or financial information.
- AstroPay – This is considered one of the oldest virtual card payment systems for Indian punters. It’s a fantastic option for those who don’t want to use their debit or credit card. You can make online transactions with AstroPay without disclosing your personal banking information. Users also benefit from instant money transfers while using INR. What makes this option even more attractive is that withdrawals can be made with an AstroPay card.
Betting Tips and Strategies
You should now be able to confidently choose the best betting sites in Indian rupees. We’ve covered everything from online gambling laws to the most popular payment methods. The only thing left to do is to ensure you don’t spend all your money in one go. Below, you’ll find helpful tips and strategies that you can incorporate while placing bets on your favorite sports. These tips are designed to transform you from an amateur bettor to a seasoned professional.
Ignore Personal Biases
The golden rule of online sports betting is to never bet with your emotions. It’s fun to place a bet on your favorite team. However, if you want to make a profit with every bet, you need to take emotion out of the equation. Emotions will always be part of us, but you need to know how to keep them in check. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. Always consider your mindset before placing a bet at the best betting sites in India. Always think everything through, especially when it comes to winning and losing. Be honest and open about how you’d feel if you lose your bet. With some clarity, you’ll have a much better time which can lead to more cash in your pocket.
Bet on What You Know
Most casual bettors will register with a betting site and place a bet without any knowledge of the sport. This is a recipe for disaster and can quickly drain your bank account. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you stick with what you know. Place bets on the sports you love and follow. Make sure to stay up to date with the latest news on all teams before visiting your favorite bookmaker. There is nothing wrong with trying something new. Just make sure you know what’s going on and how the sports works. It also helps to know who the best players are in the sport and who is currently trending. The odds will usually provide everything you need to know in terms of favorites and underdogs.
Do the Research
If you want to become a successful bettor, you will need to do the research. You can never have too much information about an upcoming match or game. Countless variables play significant roles in the world of sports betting. You’ll need to stay up to date with weather conditions, player fitness, injuries, and management. You’ll also need to look at previous statistics on each player and head-to-head information to make more informed betting decisions. You can use free sites to look at public betting trends. You can also read articles at BettingPro or strategy guides to get the upper hand. We offer loads of betting guides for exactly this reason. Once you’ve done all the research, you can look for competitive odds to get the most out of your knowledge.
Even though you’ve signed up with the best betting site in Indian rupees, it never hurts to shop around. One site might specialize in tennis betting, while another is renowned for cricket betting. A sports betting site that specializes in a specific sport will often provide better odds and lines. The same can be said when it comes to promotions and bonuses. Even though you claimed the welcome bonus at several sites, you can still find value with ongoing promotions. Compare the best betting sites in India to see who offers the best promotions on an upcoming tournament or league. You can also do this for betting markets. Look for betting markets that are ideal for your betting style. If you can’t find it at your favorite bookmaker, you are bound to find it somewhere else. Never settle and always look for the best value.
Set a Budget
Sports betting has the power to bring raw and pure emotion out of you. This makes it easy to let it take control and before you know it, you are spiraling out of control. The best way to avoid getting too high on a winning streak or losing your mind with countless losing bets is to set a budget. Not only do you need to set a budget, but you need to stick to it too. Calculate how much you want to spend each month on sports betting. You can set these limits on your account for added convenience. This gives you more control over your spending and ensures you never go overboard. At the end of the day, sports betting should be fun and exciting. If you don’t love what you are doing, you won’t do it very well.