There are only a handful of online gambling markets that have as much potential as India. This is primarily due to Paytm betting sites that provide safe and secure online transactions for players across the country. Online punters struggle to find reliable payment options that will work in India. Even though most betting sites accept punters from India, not all of them support local payment solutions. Most betting sites tend to provide global payment solutions for deposits and withdrawals. However, global payment solutions tend to charge additional fees on currency conversions and transactions for Indian punters. Thankfully, Vijay Shekhar Sharma saw the need for a more robust payment method and created Paytm.
In this all-inclusive guide to Paytm betting sites, we will take in an-depth look at this incredible payment option. We’ll first look at the history of the company before we dive into how to create a new account. We will also provide a step-by-step guide on how to make a deposit and withdraw on desktop and mobile devices. Thereafter, we will walk you through the best betting sites that accept Paytm and how we hand-picked our selection. We will also cover a few frequently asked questions for your convenience.
The History of Paytm
Paytm is a multinational technology company in India, specializing in finance, e-commerce, and digital payment solutions. The company is based in Noida, India and is available in 11 Indian languages. The payment solution was established in August 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma with an initial investment of $2 million. Paytm was initially a DTH recharge and mobile prepaid platform. However, in 2013 it added landline bill payments, postpaid mobile, and a data card to its product line.
In 2014, the company made the decision to launch the Paytm Wallet. This was eventually added as a payment option by Uber and the Indian Railways. In the same year, Paytm launched into e-commerce with bus ticketing and online deals. In 2015, the company expanded its product offering even further with water bill payments and gas. You could also use Paytm to make payments for electricity, metro recharges, and education fees. By 2016, users could also pay for movies, amusement parks ticketing, and events along with flight ticket bookings. The same year also saw Paytm QR and the launch of gift cards and rail bookings.
The user base of Paytm grew from 11.8 million in 2014 to over 104 million by 2015. By 2017, Paytm become the first payment app to reach more than 100 million app downloads in India. The same year saw the launch of Paytm Gold, allowing users to purchase pure gold online starting at ₹1. The company also launched Paytm Payment Bank along with Inbox, an innovative messaging platform for in-chat payments. In 2018, the company allowed merchants to accept card payments, UPI, and Paytm directly into their bank accounts. What’s even more impressive is that all transactions come with a 0% charge.
Getting Started with Paytm
There are loads of Indian betting sites accepting Paytm and the registration process is straightforward. If you have ever used UPI transfers for online payments, you should have no problem signing up for an account. However, let’s assume you are new to online gambling and have never made a UPI transfer. Before you get started with Paytm, you will first need to meet a few requirements. For instance, you will need to have an active bank account in India. Thereafter, you will need to create a Paytm account along with a UPI ID. The last step is to register with the best betting sites that accept Paytm as a payment option. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to register a new account with Paytm.
Step-by-Step Guide to Register with Paytm
Before you can get started with the following instructions, you’ll need to have a bank account in India. To save you some valuable time, please make sure that you also have your mobile number and email address handy. Paytm is geared towards mobile devices, so it’s best to download the app on Android or iOS.
- Visit the official Paytm website.
- Download the Paytm app on your Android or iOS device. You’ll find dedicated links for the App Store and Google Play Store for added convenience.
- Launch the Paytm mobile app and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Enter your email address and phone number.
- Create a password and ensure it’s easy to remember for future logins. However, don’t make it too obvious for someone else to guess.
- Select ‘Create your Paytm Wallet’ within the mobile app and wait for the OTP to arrive via SMS. The OTP will contain 6 digits that you’ll need to enter to continue with the registration process.
- Once you’ve entered the OTP, you will need to provide your date of birth and full name.
- Select the ‘Create Account’ button to finish the registration process.
Once you’ve created your Paytm Wallet, you’ll be required to verify your details by sending a handful of documents. This forms part of the KYC procedure and is needed to activate your Paytm Wallet. The documents will include your PAN Card, Address Proof, and IPV. Fortunately, you’ll only need to provide your documents when it comes to making a withdrawal. You can still use your Paytm account to make purchases and UPI transfers without sending documents.
How to Make a Deposit with Paytm
Before you can make a deposit at Paytm betting sites, you will first need to add funds to your Paytm Wallet. Thankfully, this is both easy and fast. You can add funds to your Paytm Wallet through several methods for added convenience. Once you’ve verified your Paytm account, you can add funds via Credit Card, Net Banking, Debit Card, or BHIM UPI. The best way is to link your bank account to effortlessly transfer funds to your Paytm Wallet in seconds.
Adding Funds to a Paytm Betting Site
Once you’ve allocated funds to your Paytm Wallet, you can register with the best Paytm betting sites at BettingPro. Simply choose from our wide range of betting sites accepting Paytm as a payment option to get started. Once you’ve signed up for a new account, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to make a successful deposit.
- Login to your Paytm betting site and visit the Banking/Cashier section.
- Select ‘Deposit’ within the Banking/Cashier section and choose Paytm as your preferred payment method.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit into your Paytm betting site.
- You will need to provide your Paytm account details along with your deposit amount. This includes your Paytm number, Wallet Name, and 18-Digit Order ID.
- Verify the deposit on your Paytm Wallet.
- Your funds will be transferred to your Paytm betting site within seconds. Thereafter, you can place bets on sports like Cricket, Football, Tennis, Badminton, and Kabaddi.
Indian punters will be pleased to know that there are no additional fees or charges when making deposits via Paytm. You’ll also appreciate the fact that deposits will reflect instantly, giving you more time to place bets. It’s a straightforward process and works in a similar fashion as other e-wallet options like Neteller and Skrill.
How to Make a Withdrawal with Paytm
The process to request a withdrawal at the best Paytm betting sites is easier than making a deposit. When you are ready to receive your winnings, you can follow the steps below to receive your funds. Please keep in mind, however, that you’ll need to verify your account before you can use Paytm for withdrawal requests.
- Login to your Paytm betting site and return to the Banking/Cashier section.
- Click on ‘Withdraw’ within the Banking/Cashier section and choose Paytm as your preferred payment method.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw from your Paytm betting site. Please ensure that the entered amount is above the minimum withdraw limit. You also need to ensure that it doesn’t exceed the maximum withdrawal limit.
- Verify your withdrawal amount and click on ‘Confirm’.
- Some betting sites accepting Paytm might require additional information. This will include Bank Account Number, Bank Account Name, IFSC Code, and Account Type.
- You will also find that some betting sites will give you the option to withdraw via Paytm Wallet and Paytm UPI.
To verify your Paytm Wallet, you will need to comply with the KYC procedure. This means that you’ll need to upload documents to verify the details on your account. The documents will include your identity card and utility bill. This will confirm your full name, date of birth, and address registered on your account.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Paytm
As with all payment solutions in the online betting industry, there are pros and cons when it comes to Paytm. Below, you will find the advantages and disadvantages when using this payment method at the best Paytm betting sites.
Advantages of Paytm
- Paytm supports 11 different Indian languages.
- Incredible security and privacy features with the most advanced SSL encryption technology.
- Lightning-fast deposit and withdrawal speeds.
- Provides a dedicated mobile app for all your online transaction needs.
- You can set your deposit and withdrawal limits for more control over your spending.
Disadvantages of Paytm
- You will need to verify your account before you can make withdrawals to your Paytm account.
- There might be additional fees or charges when it comes with withdrawing your winnings.
- Not all betting sites in India accept Paytm as a payment method.
The Best Betting Sites in India with Paytm
Now that you know everything about Paytm, it’s time to look at the best betting sites that accept Paytm. At BettingPro, we strive to provide you with the best betting sites for all your online betting needs. Our review experts have years of industry experience and know exactly what you want from an online bookmaker. We evaluate every aspect of a betting site before it’s recommended to our loyal readers. Below, you will find a list of characteristics we assess to ensure it’s worth your time and money.
License, Reputation, and Payment Methods
- License – All the Paytm betting sites we feature at BettingPro are licensed and regulated by reputable regulatory bodies. This ensures that all bets are fair and honest. You can also rest assured that the betting site is frequently tested, ensuring everything is above board with every visit.
- Reputation – You will appreciate the fact that all the betting sites accepting Paytm at BettingPro impress with a long and rich history within the betting industry. Each of our recommended betting sites are some of the most popular online destinations in the world. This means you can look forward to the best possible betting experience online.
- Payment Methods – All the betting sites in this guide support Paytm as a payment method for both deposits and withdrawals. You will also find a plethora of additional payment methods as well. This will include e-wallet options like Neteller and Skrill. You will also find credit/debit cards, prepaid cards, bank transfers, and cryptocurrencies.
Sports Coverage, Betting Markets, and User-Interface
- Sports Coverage – All the Paytm betting sites at BettingPro offer a wide selection of international sports to bet on. You can bet on cricket, football, badminton, and tennis on both desktop and mobile devices. Our betting sites even features lesser-known sports like handball, darts, and volleyball.
- Betting Markets – You will be pleased to know that the betting sites we recommend to our loyal readers come equipped with competitive odds. This means you’ll receive bigger payouts on winning bets. Our betting sites also offer the widest selection of betting markets in every sport. This gives you more betting opportunities when compared to other bookmakers in India.
- User-Interface – There is nothing worse than struggling to find a specific sport or promotion on a site. It’s for this reason why we ensure all our betting sites offer attractive user-interfaces that are easy to navigate. This gives you more time to enjoy sports betting action as opposed to wasting time trying to find something.
Customer Support, Security Measures, and Mobile Compatibility
- Customer Support – All the Paytm betting sites in this guide impress with friendly and professional customer support. You can get in touch with a representative 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You will also have access to several contact channels, such as email, telephone, and live chat.
- Security Measures – The betting sites accepting Paytm at BettingPro provide some of the best security features in the industry. Apart from being licensed and regulated, you can also look forward to the most advanced encryption technology. This ensures that your personal and financial details are always kept safe from potential hackers.
- Mobile Compatibility – More than half of the Indian population enjoy betting on mobile Therefore, we ensure that all our Paytm betting sites offer a dedicated mobile app for both Android and iOS devices. All mobile betting apps will give you the same sports coverage, promotions and bonuses, and payment options as well.
Paytm is one of the biggest and most popular payment solutions for Indian punters. It provides lightning-fast transactions from your Paytm Wallet to your favorite Indian betting sites. You can claim promotions and bonuses with Paytm and enjoy instant deposits and withdrawals. You will also benefit from a dedicated mobile app that works perfectly on both iOS and Android devices. With support for 11 Indian languages, it’s easy to see why Paytm is the top choice for Indian bettors. Register with the best Paytm betting sites and take your online betting experience to the next level.